Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions In relation to the trader descriptions act 1991 the website content of specifications, documentation and mechanical condition listed for individual vehicles cannot be held and should not be taken as read.The content of the website should always be confirmed and it’s the buyer’s responsibility to satisfy them on completion of the transaction.Hampshire Motor House cannot be held responsible or liable for any discrepancies, omissions, or inaccuracy before, after or at any point of sale.All refunds must be agreed and you the customer are liable for the costs of returning the vehicle to us with all the keys and documents with a demonstration of a fault that would deem the vehicle not of satisfactory quality. We will also deduct an amount for any damage caused to the vehicle whilst in your possession or if there are any missing documents. We may also deduct a usage charge of 75 pence per mile. We also reserve the right to repair the vehicle if you have been in possession of the vehicle for more than 30 days. All holding deposits are NON refundable.
Warranty Term & ConditionsThe following terms & conditions apply to all Hampshire Motor House Warranties.Policy Acceptance1. The policy will be registered by Hampshire Motor House same day of purchase and will only become live once Hampshire Motor House has received cleared funds of the vehicle.2. The vehicle must have a valid MOT at inception.3. We require the vehicle to be paid for in full to activate warranty.4. Hampshire Motor House will not be responsible for any incorrect information provided by the customer.
Cancellation and Termination5. Unless you have made a claim, you have the right to cancel any extended breakdown warranty within 14 days of purchase. If you have been charged for extended breakdown warranty Hampshire Motor House will issue refund during this period.6. This agreement will terminate without refund in cases of fraud or dishonesty.Additional Benefits7. This breakdown warranty will cover consequential damage if the failure of a non-covered component causes a covered component to fail. Our liability is limited to the covered component.8. Wear and tear for the listed components is covered on vehicles up to a maximum of 100,000 miles and or 6 years. After exceeding this mileage and age the wear and tear element of this agreement will no longer be valid. This does not affect anything outside the wear and tear element of the policy and therefore your policy will continue to its full term.
Requesting a repair and Claims9. If faults arise on your vehicle then do not attempt to drive further as this may cause extensive damage to other components. Please contact Hampshire Motor House at the earliest opportunity for guidance. Claims which do not follow the guidelines will be invalidated.
10. The vehicle must be returned to Hampshire Motor House for repairs or to any nominated garage by customer. Any works authorised by you or commenced or completed by your repairing garage without first being authorised by Hampshire Motor House will be invalidated and no consideration will be given
.11. Authorised works not commenced by the repairing garage within 14 days of the authorisation date will result in the claim being invalidated.Authorised repairs
12. This breakdown warranty plan will cover the costs for all authorised claims including parts, labour and VAT.
13. Labour time for repairs will be paid up to a maximum of £50 per hour including VAT, subject to recognised industry standards times for repair
.14. Any discrepancies and shortfalls need to be paid to the repairer in full by you. We will not be liable for shortfalls.
15. Authorisations will only be granted once written confirmation has been received by us, that any shortfall will be paid by you.
16. Claims will be invalidated if the completed diagnostic form is not received by Hampshire Motor House within 14 days of the claim being reported and before the policy expires.
17. We will only authorise the use of manufacturer's parts where reconditioned or generic parts are not available.
18. We will only authorise for work to be carried out at a VAT registered repairing garage in certain circumstances.
19. We will only pay up to the maximum claims limit of £750 per claim once a claim becomes valid. Car hire is not considered
.20. We will not pay more than once for the same repair.
21. The cost of investigating and diagnostic work is the policy holder’s liability
.22. In all cases, we reserve the right to request photographic evidence and to appoint an independent assessor to examine any fault, breakdown, quotation or repair undertaken at any time, the result of which is binding by all parties
.23. Any faults reported in one diagnosis will equate to one claim; no matter how many parts have failed or whether they are related parts.
24. If at any time during the period of your policy, we use our discretion to authorise a repair on a goodwill basis which would otherwise have been excluded then this does not set any precedent and does not mean we will necessarily authorise any similar repair in the future
.25. Labour will only be paid for as part of a valid claim when a covered component is required.
26. If the fault occurs whilst the vehicle is in Europe there will be no cover.
Exclusions27. Vehicles used for; carriage of passengers, heavier than 3.5t, goods for hire and reward, off road, hackney carriage/taxi, motor sports determined by time or speed including practice and track racing.
28. This breakdown warranty does not cover exhaust emissions or MOT failures.
29. This breakdown warranty excludes any damage caused by a road traffic accident or collision or any road hazard whether or not insured under any motor insurance or accidental damage policy. This also excludes the bodily injury or death, or any other damage howsoever caused.
30. This breakdown warranty does not cover inherent faults of any description. Inherent faults are those that existed at the time of purchase if you were made aware.
31. This agreement does not cover service components or maintenance items of any kind (those items that would normally be maintained under the vehicles standard servicing schedule such as: brake pads, brake discs, timing belts, filters and oil changes). Air conditioning re-gassing is also not covered.
33. Seized parts
34. Faults diagnosed by health checks
37. Foreign matter getting into or onto a part
38. Oil contamination
40. Carbon build up
41. Manufacturer recall
42. Failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance of proper levels of oil and coolant.
43. Failing to service the vehicle as part of the manufacturer’s service schedule.
44. The effects of over-heating, whether caused by an included part or not
.45. Use of incorrect grade/use of fuel or oil or from the use of inadequate or improper anti-freeze protection.
46. Natural deterioration of parts due to age and/or mileage, condition and usage.
47. Negligence or wilful damage (including continuing to drive the vehicle when it is notmechanically/electrically sound).
48. Subjecting the vehicle to a load greater than that permitted by law or the manufacturer’srecommendations
.49. Fire, self-ignition, lightning, earthquake, explosion, flood, storm, tempest, frost, water damage, theft or attempted theft, aircraft or other aerial devices or articles dropped therefrom or any extreme causes.
50. No liability will be accepted for the damage caused by: poor repairs carried out after the commencement of this breakdown warranty plan, or faulty workmanship of any description
.51. The gradual loss of engine compression necessitating the repair of valves or rings.
52. Gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions.
53. The replacement of parts for good engineering practice.
54. We will not authorise any claims which are a result of routine servicing, health and maintenance checks, and/or advisories.
55. We do not pay for diagnostic or stripping down charges.
56. This breakdown warranty plan only covers the original manufacturer’s specification. Modifications outside the original factory specifications and designs are not covered.Selling your vehicle
57. If you want to sell the vehicle you will not be able to transfer this agreement to the new owner
.58. If the ownership of the vehicle changes the policy will be void.
59. If you sell the vehicle to a dealer or trader, this agreement will automatically terminate.General Conditions
60. This breakdown warranty plan will only cover the breakdown of mechanical faults to engine and gearbox. Electrical faults are excluded
.61. Vehicles registered on the insurance total loss register and/or the national police register will have restricted cover. Please contact Hampshire Motor House for further information.
62. No liability will be met unless authorised by and agreed to in writing by Hampshire Motor House.
63. We accept no liability for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or any other incidental or consequential losses.
64. The vehicle must have a valid MOT throughout the duration of the policy; without this the warranty will be void.
65. Car hire will not be included.66. We will not be liable for loss of fuel, earnings from work, penalty and storage charges, parking tickets, keys, theft from your vehicle, clamps, toll charges, broken glass, traffic congestion charges, running out of fuel or incorrect fuel, keys locked in vehicle, damaged key fobs, vehicles immersed or immobilised, vehicle that require work at a specialist repairer, hotels, rail fare, flights, or ferry costs, calling costs.
67. No part of this agreement may be altered without the written consent of Hampshire Motor House
.68. Legal Jurisdiction - In the event of any dispute between the parties relating to this agreement or any claim, it is mutually agreed that before embarking on litigation proceedings, the parties will attempt to resolve it through negotiations or effective dispute resolution by the appointment of a mediator/arbitrator
.69. To qualify for the payment of an authorised repair the invoice must be received by us within 45 days of the authorised date.